We visited a very popular shrine, Fushimi Inari, the temple of the fox. Too many people though, it was ridiculous.
Had a chicken avocado sandwich on baguette and pressed on. The areas of Kyoto with shrines are just packed with people.
Next stop was the western mountains. We declined to visit the popular shrines, bamboo forest and monkey park. Can't say it enough there were too many people. We relaxed in a quiet park for a while and made the decision to bail on Kyoto, bail on Naoshima (a lengthy and expensive detour) and reroute for the countryside of Gifu.
Updated on September 12, 2017
Pages Updated Recently:mementos/travelogue/japan-2017/day_13
- September 12, 2017mementos/travelogue/japan-2017/day_12
- September 12, 2017mementos/travelogue/japan-2017/day_11
- September 12, 2017mementos/travelogue/japan-2017/day_10
- September 12, 2017mementos/travelogue/japan-2017/day8
- September 8, 2017mementos/travelogue/japan-2017/day9
- September 8, 2017mementos/travelogue/japan-2017/day7
- September 8, 2017mementos/travelogue/japan-2017/day6
- September 5, 2017mementos/travelogue/japan-2017/day5
- September 4, 2017mementos/travelogue/japan-2017/day4
- September 3, 2017