Arrived at Heathrow to find the Piccadilly line closed off for investigation. Took alternate route to Dalston area. Stepped into the first restaurant outside the station, an American style diner simply called The Diner. First coffee since before yesterday, fries, cheeseburger and wifi.
Went down the block to the Bleep popup store, loved everything about it. Nabbed a Warp sweater in lieu of all the vinyl that I can't pack home. Killing time browsing shops still bag in hand, waiting for the Airbnb check in.
Guy was still cleaning but had a chat about projection mapping and exchanged details. In addition to running a mapping business my host is a vinyl collector and apparent dj.
Sun set at 3:50. I put myself together as best I could but hair was looking haggard so went for professional help. Found a great salon named Stunt Dolly and got an amazing haircut.
Went for a pint, chatted with locals and back to the Bleep store for the Whities records takeover night. Nice dj sets. Lots of fans. Stuck it out till near end but way too tired for this retired early.
Updated on December 7, 2018
Pages Updated Recently:mementos/2018/london/day06
- December 14, 2018mementos/2018/london/day05
- December 14, 2018mementos/2018/london/day04
- December 14, 2018mementos/2018/london/day03
- December 14, 2018mementos/2018/london/day02
- December 8, 2018mementos/2018/london/day01
- December 7, 2018mementos/travelogue
- December 6, 2018mementos/travelogue/kiev-2018/day7
- April 10, 2018mementos/travelogue/kiev-2018/day3
- April 9, 2018mementos/travelogue/kiev-2018/day2
- April 9, 2018